This past weekend was sunny, bright and beautiful - perfect for a morning of strawberry picking at our neighbours Hayles Fruit Farm! We started off with one large punnet but the strawberries were bursting with such sweet flavour that we couldn't help ourselves and we ended up with far more berries than we had initially intended to gather. Oops.
Anyway, this led to us deeming the week ahead to be Strawberry Week! Our aim was to come up with as many strawberry gelato and sorbetto flavour combinations as we could. We've listed some of our old and new favourites below. Let us know in the comments which ones you'd most like to try first!
- Roast strawberry balsamic
- Strawberry, honey, and cardamom
- Strawberry, rosewater, and cardamom
- Strawberry breakfast smoothie (strawberry, banana, peanut butter, oat milk)
- Strawberry and rhubarb crumble
- Fermented strawberry jam on sourdough toast
- Strawberry and black pepper
- Strawberry prosecco
- Strawberry and elderflower
- Strawberry mint vodka
- Strawberry and basil
- Fermented strawberry lemonade
- Strawberry white wine sangria
And last but not least, we highly recommend a visit to Hayles Fruit Farm for a day or even weekend out! In addition to seasonal pick-your-own produce, they have campsites, fishing, a farm shop, a cafe and restaurant, and many other outdoor activities which appeal to adults and children alike. For more information, visit their website at http://www.haylesfruitfarm.co.uk/about_us/. (This post is not sponsored; we just wanted to tell people about this little local gem!)